Sunday, January 31, 2016

13 of 52 Weeks of Living Full!!

Hi all!

  Today I'll fill you in on the rest of yesterday's full living.  After soaking up the sunshine and appreciating the nature that we have right in our very own suburban backyard, we made a trip to the store to prepare for the week ahead of packing lunches and quick dinners.  Since I didn't have a specific coupon shopping plan in place, Walmart is the go to place for reasonable prices for us.  I really want to get back on board with my coupon shopping/planning and begin posting those savings again.  Maybe you will see more of that in the near future.

  After getting home from the shopping trip we decided to wash all three vehicles….

Before
After
 
 

The car was pretty dirty from all the salt on the road.  Yuck!






and give the dog a bath.  So I was able to check off some of my Happy New Year list in just one afternoon.  Speaking of the list…..let's see how I did….

Hamper (determined to wash, dry, iron, put away all clothes and get back to 1 load a day)I would say this was a success since I now am down to a manageable one load a day amount of clothes!  Check!
Before
After

Appliances in kitchen need a good cleaning
I thoroughly cleaned the outsides of the refrigerator, toaster, oven, microwave, dishwasher and coffee maker.  So…check!

Prepare a meal that I can freeze for quick lunches.
My daughter and I had a hankering for some Black Bean Soup, and while I didn't make enough to freeze, I do have enough to take for lunch a couple of days next week.  I would say that's a successful Check!

Pup needs a bath
Before

After

As usual, a good snuggly nap was in order directly after! Check!






Yarn needs organizing
I did get several skeins of yarn untangled and rolled into a ball, but still a lot to do.  It's a start!

New recipe (daughter and I will have fun looking through cookbooks passed down from her great-grandmother--Love you, Nanny!  We miss you!)
We didn't try anything new, but I'm hopeful to do this in the upcoming month.

Exercise with my daughter (join her while she practices clogging). EPIC FAIL!! 

Wear my new stylish bright orange hat I plan to crochet for myself for hunting.
I didn't make a hat, but I did make some more dishcloths and started a new project.  Not what I was planning, but an accomplishment none the less. ;)

Yield a nice batch of homemade dishwasher soap
I made a nice batch of dishwasher soap with this recipe.  Works great! Check!

Evaluate and exile the dreaded unused kitchen supplies cluttering up cabinets
I managed one cabinet.  This particular cabinet was dangerously close to becoming one opening away from a plastic avalanche! Don't ask me how a box of light bulbs ended up in there.  I threw away all non matching pieces, stacked the rest and put round lids in one baggie and square/rectangle lids in another baggie.  Check!  Definite success!!!
Before
After



Apron (finish apron that was begun 2 years ago!)
I have got to get over the procrastination of learning this new craft!  Put off once again. :(

Rest (I need to force myself to go to bed earlier, so that I can get up feeling refreshed and ready to go)
Several nights I averted the temptation of getting on Netflix and accomplished going to bed at a decent hour. Check!


  All in all I'm ok with what was accomplished.  I will start a new list for next month.  Stayed tuned for my Happy Valentine's Day goal list. ;)

Talk to you soon,

Jennifer

No comments:

We Use Coupons