Saturday, January 30, 2016

12 of 52 Weeks of Living Full!!

Hi all!

  Today, we went out for a family breakfast and came home full.  My husband stayed outside to do some tinkering around while my daughter and I went on inside.  After a bit of putting away some clothes, checking emails, daughter hopping on the computer to watch clogging videos and some lazying around, I asked my daughter if we wanted to make some popcorn and snuggle up with the pup and watch a movie.  She said sure.  We had no sooner sat down to watch the movie, popcorn and pup in tow when my husband asked me to come outside to help him with something.  So we put the movie on pause and out I went.  He wanted to discuss some ideas he had for some outside yard improvements, and the possibility of us making a raised garden bed for the spring.  Yes please!!  While we may live in the suburbs and haven't found our dream house on property there's no reason we can't start a small garden right here.  Right? Right!  So we will be studying how to do this and deciding what we want to grow.  I love new projects!!

  After discussing the future garden a bit, my husband went off to finish his tinkering that he had started, and I started looking around and noticed what a gorgeous day it was!  The sun was out, the sky was blue and the temperature was in the low 60's.  Just perfect!  So instead of heading back inside I sat in the back yard on the swing that needs to be sat in much more often and just listened.  I heard some squirrels scurrying around, and the rat a tat tat of a Woodpecker nearby.  I sat real still and noticed the most beautiful Golden Finch flitting from tree to tree.  I could feel the warmth of the sun, but the breeze was just enough to keep it comfortable.  Ahhhh…..I was in heaven.







 Why don't I do this more often I thought.  I pulled out my phone, not to ruin the moment with technology, but to text my daughter  (I didn't want to take a chance of getting sucked back into the house by getting up) to come sit with me and bring the bowl of popcorn with her.  A few moments later she comes with the bowl of popcorn and says, "What are you doing?"  I said, "Shhhh…just sit here a minute and listen."  What a nice moment to remember.  She and I just sitting eating the popcorn and watching nature instead of the iPad.


The squirrels have certainly been busy with the acorns….


  That was only part of our day….I'll finish the rest tomorrow….going to go spend some more quality time with the family. :)

  In the meantime….next time you think about watching some tv/movie….make some popcorn and go sit outside a spell.  The show was quite captivating today!

Have a great day!

Jennifer

No comments:

We Use Coupons